All delegates should be dressed in formal Western business attire. At MPHMUN, we believe that proper business attire facilitates debate and promotes a respectful environment for our conference.
This requires the following:
- Dress shirt (no polo shirts, t-shirts, etc.), appropriately tucked-in
- Dress pants (no jeans, shorts, etc.)
- Dress shoes (no sneakers, open-toed shoes, sandal variant, etc.)
- Tie (required)
- Blazers, sports coats, or suit jackets are suggested, though not required
- No low-cut shirts or other revealing tops
- If worn, skirts and dresses must be knee-length and not suggestive
- Appropriate footwear (no flip-flops)
If possible, delegates should dress in layers preferably in a sweater or a business jacket, in case their committee room is too cold. Hoodies, hats, crop tops, low cut and/or strapless tops, or any other forms of casual dress are not permitted in committee. If there is any doubt that your clothing isn’t appropriate for the conference, it’s better to err on the side of caution. If you are out of dress code you will be asked to change, if possible (take off a hat, tuck in your shirt, put on your tie, etc.). If this is not possible, or you repeatedly refuse to abide by the dress code, you will be unable to participate in the conference.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you at the conference.