Manlius Pebble Hill has a long-standing commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, terms, conditions, and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills, and performance.
This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employees for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disabled status.
1. Accounts Payable Associate
Manlius Pebble Hill School seeks an accounts payable associate to join our Business Office team. This part-time position will support the director of finance & operations in the completion of a range of accounts payable functions, including invoice processing, account reconciliations, paperwork filing and retention, and processing payments. The ideal candidate must be well organized, a quick learner, demonstrate strong computer skills, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and must work well on a team.
- Sort and match invoices; verify approval of invoices prior to payment; assist with check preparation and processing
- Coding and data entry of vendor invoices
- Audit and process purchase card statements and employee reimbursements
- Prepare payments for mailing
- Interact with vendors and staff to reconcile accounts and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain organized vendor files
- Collect and maintain W-9 data for existing and new vendors
- Verify, process and remit Forms 1099-Misc as required
- Proficiency in accounts payable processing systems
- Maintain permanent file maintenance and storage of accounting records
- Willingness and desire to cross-train and grow in the position
- Assist with yearly audit
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of relevant prior year experience in an accounts payable role
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
- Self-motivated and self-directed; ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical in this position
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with various accounting software and knowledge of Blackbaud is a plus
This part-time position, estimated at twenty hours per week, offers competitive compensation. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send PDF’s of cover letter, résumé, and a list of references to Director of Finance & Operations, at email@example.com
2. Elementary Teaching Assistant
Manlius Pebble Hill School (MPH) seeks an experienced and dynamic teaching assistant to join us in our Pre-K classroom. As the only Pre-Kindergarten – Grade 12 independent school in Central New York, MPH provides the guidance and resources for students to develop and pursue their interests in a healthy and engaging educational setting. MPH is not bound to the constraints of the Common Core and our small class sizes result in transformative relationships between students and faculty, which strengthen character, build resilience, and foster self-confidence. Our mission is “to inspire our students to think critically, act responsibly, and discover a passion for lifelong learning.”
The responsibilities of this position will include working with Pre-K children, teachers, and parents to contribute to a supportive, dynamic environment that is responsive to student needs and interests. An associate’s degree is required; bachelor’s degree and/or teaching experience at the early elementary level is preferred.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send PDF’s of cover letter, résumé, philosophy of teaching, and a list of references to Lower School Head, Amy Terpening Abdo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Substitute/ Per Diem School Nurse
Manlius Pebble Hill School is seeking a Registered Professional Nurse to substitute as needed in the Health Office. The hours are Monday-Friday (7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.).
Manlius Pebble Hill School works with eager students and families to create a positive learning environment with small class sizes. An MPH education emphasizes a balance of challenging academics, social and emotional growth, athletics, and the arts. A Substitute School Nurse supports this by providing primary health and emergency care to students and staff, promoting wellness, and serving as a resource for health concerns in the school setting.
- Hold current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current certification in CPR.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or related field.
- Experience in pediatric nursing.
- Prior experience in School Nursing.
If interested, send cover letter, resume, and list of 2-4 professional references to Christine Civello, RN at email@example.com