Manlius Pebble Hill has a long-standing commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, terms, conditions, and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills, and performance.
This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employees for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disabled status.
1. Middle and Upper School Computer Technology Teacher
Manlius Pebble Hill School (MPH) seeks a creative, innovative, and student-centered technology educator to join the Computer & Information Science Department. As the only Pre-Kindergarten – Grade 12 independent school in Central New York, MPH offers project-based courses designed to teach students the value of technology as it relates to self-expression, entrepreneurship, and engineering. Additional focus is also placed on productivity and online safety, to ensure that students understand the impact digital interactions have on the real world.
The computer technology teacher will instruct three to four classes each semester to students in grades 6 through 12. Teacher responsibilities will also include providing professional support to colleagues as needed. Courses and projects are designed to aid students in learning new tools and see the real-world applicability of their studies. Class topics include: programming, video production, 3D modeling, social media marketing, live streaming, productivity tools, and current trends in technology. The educator must be well versed in technology in its various forms, and demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm toward learning new software and hardware as they evolve.
Manlius Pebble Hill’s focus on student academic, social, and emotional development shows in teachers’ daily interaction with students. The Middle and Upper School computer technology teacher must have experience connecting and building relationships with students in the classroom. The position requires the ability to teach and contextualize media tools to make them accessible to students of varying skill levels while maintaining a professional, high-achieving, and approachable classroom. A bachelor’s degree is required, but a master’s degree with graduate coursework in media development, computer science, or a related field is preferred.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with the potential for growth depending on experience and qualifications. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for four professional references to Head of Upper School Mr. Fred Montas, Jr., at email@example.com.
2. Accounts Payable Associate
Manlius Pebble Hill School seeks an accounts payable associate to join our Business Office team. This part-time position will support the director of finance & operations in the completion of a range of accounts payable functions, including invoice processing, account reconciliations, paperwork filing and retention, and processing payments. The ideal candidate must be well organized, a quick learner, demonstrate strong computer skills, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and must work well on a team.
- Sort and match invoices; verify approval of invoices prior to payment; assist with check preparation and processing
- Coding and data entry of vendor invoices
- Audit and process purchase card statements and employee reimbursements
- Prepare payments for mailing
- Interact with vendors and staff to reconcile accounts and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain organized vendor files
- Collect and maintain W-9 data for existing and new vendors
- Verify, process and remit Forms 1099-Misc as required
- Proficiency in accounts payable processing systems
- Maintain permanent file maintenance and storage of accounting records
- Willingness and desire to cross-train and grow in the position
- Assist with yearly audit
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of relevant prior year experience in an accounts payable role
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
- Self-motivated and self-directed; ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical in this position
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with various accounting software and knowledge of Blackbaud is a plus
This part-time position, estimated at twenty hours per week, offers competitive compensation. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send PDF’s of cover letter, résumé, and a list of references to Director of Finance & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Tennis Coach (2 Open Positions)
MPH is seeking a candidates for two positions: boys and girls tennis coach. Previous playing and/or coaching experience is required. These positions are separate seasons, but with the right experience would consider that candidate to coach both teams. Please send a resume and cover letter, with any supporting paperwork such as; CPR/First Aid/AED, and other licenses to Jim Ryan, athletic director at email@example.com. The fall season typically runs from August-October, while spring runs from March-May. The fall girls position is open immediately, and will start on September 21.
4. Substitute/ Per Diem School Nurse
Manlius Pebble Hill School is seeking a Registered Professional Nurse to substitute as needed in the Health Office. The hours are Monday-Friday (7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.).
Manlius Pebble Hill School works with eager students and families to create a positive learning environment with small class sizes. An MPH education emphasizes a balance of challenging academics, social and emotional growth, athletics, and the arts. A Substitute School Nurse supports this by providing primary health and emergency care to students and staff, promoting wellness, and serving as a resource for health concerns in the school setting.
- Hold current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current certification in CPR.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or related field.
- Experience in pediatric nursing.
- Prior experience in School Nursing.
If interested, send cover letter, resume, and list of 2-4 professional references to Christine Civello, RN at firstname.lastname@example.org