Back-to-School Resources and Info
Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year
Whether it’s your first year at MPH, or you or your student is a “lifer” set to graduate, we offer a wealth of resources for your return to school.
MYMPH Parent Portal
The MYMPH Parent Portal is the most important resource for current students and their families on mphschool.org. It includes links to resources such as:
- MPH Health Forms
- Division block schedules, supply lists, and more
Other important places to visit on the website:
- Health Memo from Nurse Christine
- MPH Academic Calendar (print and Google versions)
- LS Extended Day and MS After-Hours (including vacation coverage)
- Athletics UltraCamp signup and Schedule Galaxy
Changes to Dismissal for K-12 Students Being Picked Up After School
Please read over the below if you are a returning or new family, as we are changing the flow of traffic on campus each school day at dismissal.
Returning families should note that we will no longer have cars line up in the church parking lot across the street (Jamesville Road) from the MPH campus.
To avoid cars from crossing Jamesville Road at dismissal, we are changing the flow of traffic to promote greater safety and efficiency for families picking up K-12 students.
Families picking up PreK children will be the only cars allowed to enter campus from Jamesville Road between 2:45-3:15 p.m., along with the school busses. Once on campus, these PreK family vehicles should take an immediate left into the Center for Early Learning (CEL) parking lot, where they can then park to pick up their PreK child as well as any older siblings (who will be walked by teachers to the CEL at 3:05 p.m.).
- All K-12 parents who are picking up their children at dismissal should turn off of Jamesville Road onto Addison Drive, just south of campus.
- From Addison Drive, cars should make a left onto Poole Road, and then a left into the MPH campus Lower Parking Area. Please see campus map and diagram below for Addison and Poole roads traffic flow.
- Lower School parents should arrive first, to begin lining up between 2:45 to 3:05 p.m.
- Lower School cars will be the first to proceed up the road leading from the MPH Lower Parking Area to the gym, where they will stop to wait for Lower School dismissal to begin.
- Once Lower School dismissal begins, at 3:05 p.m., LS cars will be directed to pull up to the dining hall, where teachers will help to load LS students into cars.
- Once LS children are loaded, cars will be asked to make a right turn to proceed past the Phoenix entrance, and then make a left turn to exit campus onto Jamesville Road.
Middle and Upper Schools:
- Middle and Upper School parents should arrive later, between 3:10 and 3:20 p.m., to help prevent backups, as LS students are dismissed before MS and US students.
- Middle and Upper School cars will then be directed to pull up the road leading from the MPH Lower Parking Area to the dining hall, where MS faculty will facilitate MS students to their cars at approximately 3:15 p.m.
- Once MS students are in cars, vehicles should make a right turn to progress past the Phoenix entrance, and then make a left turn to exit campus onto Jamesville Road.
- Upper School cars will be directed to pull up the road leading from the MPH Lower Parking Area to the dining hall where they will take a right to stop at the Phoenix, where US faculty will facilitate US students to their cars.
- Once US students are in cars, vehicles will make a left turn to exit campus onto Jamesville Road.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through any needed revisions in our first days back. Do not hesitate to reach out to your Division Head with questions or feedback.
Amy Abdo, Head of Lower School
Matt Spear, Head of Middle School
Fred Montas, Head of Upper School
Additional Notes for September
Health and Safety Guidelines for 2023-2024
Please review this letter from Nurse Christine Civello outlining important information for the start of the school year. Be sure your immunizations and physicals are up-to-date and that you understand the sickness policy. An email will be sent soon for you to update your emergency contacts. And save the dates for our Flu Vaccine Clinics on Thursday, October 12 and Saturday, October 14.
Members of the Class of 2024 and Families
Have you sent your best time to attend the student only, mandatory, College Back-to-School Workshops, offered 8/29 at 11:30 a.m., 8/30 at 1:00 p.m., and 8/31 at 4:00 p.m.? If not, please email Mr. Cardamone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended Day, After Hours, and Vacation Coverage
MPH hosts three programs that offer additional coverage for children beyond the school day.
Extended Day is for students in Grades PreK to 5. Information about the program can be found on the Extended Day webpage.
After Hours is offered to students in Grades 6-8. Information can be found on the After Hours webpage.
After School Clubs are offered for lower and middle school students throughout the school year. Registration is now open for fall clubs on the Clubs and Activities page.
Fall Sports Ultracamp Signup Reminder
Our school platform for registration continues to be UltraCamp. Please note the following dates and information.
Varsity sports (Grades 10-12) start on Monday, August 21
Modified sports (Grades 7-9) start on Wednesday, September 6
Student-athletes in Grades 7-9 who wish to play soccer at the varsity level should plan to attend pre-season on Aug. 21 with permission from either Coach Goldman or Coach Bentley Hoke
All students (Grades 7-12) playing Tennis should attend pre-season on Aug. 21.
You may access your sport’s competitive schedule here on Schedule Galaxy. Please be sure to subscribe to your child’s team to get updates for contests and other announcements. Practice times during the school year will be after school and are specific to each sport. Please refer to email sent on August 2, 2023 for additional details.
Save the Date: September 6, 2023
Back-to-School Coffee for Families
7:45-8:45 a.m. at the Knox Farmhouse