MPH Continues Partnership with Project Smiles
For over a decade, the girls’ varsity soccer team at MPH has participated in Project Smiles, collecting clothing and gifts to bring girls in Colombian orphanages “smiles” for the holidays. Founded and directed by local coaching legend, Oscar Vergara, Project Smiles provides much needed hope and gifts to girls orphaned by unrest in Colombia. Read more about Oscar, as well as coach Don Ridall’s perspective here.
This year, the team is sponsoring a home of 85 young women, ages 10-20. Please help us make this the best holiday season they’ve ever had by donating whatever you’re able to contribute.
Below is a list of needed items. Please note that sizes needed are children’s 10 to women’s 12.
- small backpacks
- candy, packs of gum
- small hygiene products:(travel sized) shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, bars of soap, cotton swabs, cute band aids
- make up kits – chap sticks, nail polish, lip gloss, (the shinier the better)
- barrettes/clips & pony tail holders
- Christmas socks & ankle socks (festive and colorful)
- summer blouses & t-shirts
- leggings & jeans
- bracelets & necklaces & pierced earrings
- small stuffed animals
Donations can be dropped off in the designated box in front of the reception desk in the Phoenix Student Center by Monday, December 2.
On behalf of the girls varsity soccer team, thank you!
Should you have any questions, please contact Coach Bentley Hoke.