There are five types of delegate awards given in each committee at MPHMUN:
- Best Delegate
- Outstanding Delegate
- Honorable Mention (intra-committee award)
- Best New Delegate (intra-committee award)
- Book Award (awarded in select committees to the delegate that best exemplifies the spirit of international diplomacy and cooperation).
To be eligible for an award, delegates must adhere to the following requirements.
- In paperless committees (Security Council, UNEP, UNICEF, US Cabinet):
- Submit position papers and resolutions, if applicable, for both topics to your committee email by 11:59pm on Thursday, October 24th.
- Bring a laptop computer and charger to committee or contact your chairs to request one by 11:59pm on Thursday, October 24th.
- In all other committees:
- Submit position papers for both topics to your committee email by 11:59pm on Thursday, October 24th.
- Bring 50 copies of your resolutions for both topics, stapled into one document, to the first committee session.
Best Delegation will be awarded to the team that earns the most points based on the awards they’ve received. Best delegate awards earn 1.25 points, Outstanding Delegate and Book Awards earn 1 point, Honorable Mention and Best New Delegate awards earn 0.5 points. In the event of a tie between delegations, the team with the most awards will win.
Outstanding Small School Delegation
Small teams, defined as those below the median delegation size minus one, will qualify for Outstanding Small School Delegation with 25% of delegates earning awards. The team with the highest number of points that have crossed the 25% threshold will win Outstanding Small School Delegation. In the event of a tie between delegations, the team with the most awards will win. In the event that no small team crosses the threshold, no small delegation award will be given.